Cosmetologist is a doctor who deals with prevention and treatment of skin diseases.
The profession of a medical cosmetologist is considered one of the youngest in medicine. Experts in this field help to improve the appearance using special body care systems, hardware and injection techniques, as well as other methods without surgical interference. The knowledge of the cosmetologist is not limited to this. He must follow the advanced technologies, easily master the latest equipment, and be able skillfully combine all methods and systems without prejudice to the patient's health.
What do medical cosmetologists do?
Medical cosmetology is a comprehensive science. Doctors have both general and narrower specializations. There is a distinction between surgical and therapeutic cosmetology. The latter offers a wide range of non-surgical procedures: external cosmetics; all kinds of massages; injections; hardware or physiotherapy techniques.
Cosmetologists who specialize in surgical techniques tackle issues in more radical ways. In his work aesthetician applies knowledge in the field of orthopaedics, dermatology, cosmetic chemistry.
Among the main methods used, it should be noted:
- laser therapy,
- contour plastics,
- electric shock,
- psychosomatic therapy,
- peels and so on.
When should a person visit a cosmetologist?
An unscheduled visit to the doctor is necessary if:
- you suffer from systemic diseases (diabetes mellitus causes serious harm to the skin, hair and nails of a person, dysfunction of the thyroid gland leads to excessive dryness or increased greasiness of the skin, allergic reactions can cause inflammatory reactions on the face, body and scalp);
- you have acne (improper or delayed acne treatment leaves almost irreparable scars at the site of inflammation);
- excessive hair growth (hirsutism) appeared on the face and body (treatment should be carried out by a cosmetologist and endocrinologist);
- keratoma and warts, papillomas and moles appeared;
- worried about painful changes in the feet due to uncomfortable shoes or joint diseases.
Some of the problems considered by the doctor have a purely aesthetic effect and are not diseases. When they appear, the patient must decide for himself whether it is necessary to eliminate the defects.
How to choose a good cosmetologist in Lagos?
The doctors' questionnaires with information and reviews about them on our jimeds.ng portal will help you choose the best specialist. You can book an appointment by calling the contact centre +234 1 227 9151, having previously agreed with the operator the date and time of the desired appointment!